The CEO of FPT Industrial, in accordance with the company objectives and values, recognizes the need to define a quality policy that is a guide to the operational choices of all business functions.
The company shall:
- Pursue the innovation and the continuous improvement of products and processes to ensure the utmost Customer Satisfaction
- Have excellent technologies, processes and methodologies, at best competitor level
- Ensure the motivation and the best training of staff involved in the corporate processes
- Provide to customers products that respect the environment
- Pursue the development of non captive markets
FPT Industrial’s mission is to be a leader in the engines and transmissions business with quality and performances in line with “best competitors” to ensure the maximum competitiveness and profitability.
The products shall be the “best in class” in terms of:
- Quality and reliability
- Costs of maintenance
- Respect of environment
All phases, from development to production and after sales, shall be focused to maximum synergy and integration among the sectors and corporate processes and shall be Customer oriented, as the Customer is considered key driver for the company.
In order to effectively pursue the above objectives and values, the FPT Industrial CEO recognizes the need to establish and maintain in the different business units a Quality Management System operating and in line with ISO 9001:2008 Standard and with Technical Specification ISO/TS 16949:2009 and to adopt the principles of World Class Manufacturing for the production system.
The continuous improvement of the performances shall be ensured through activities aimed to:
- Understand the Customer needs and meet its expectations
- Streamline the organizational structure
- Measure continuously the performances of the processes through key indicators, with particular attention to detection of non-value activities and related costs
- Develop the skills in order to involve and motivate the human resources
- Utilize a collaboration approach with suppliers
To ensure the development, the implementation and the maintenance of Quality Management System, the FPT Industrial CEO delegates the Quality Vice President as the Management Representative.
The role of Quality Key Account, reporting to Quality VP, has been defined as Customer Representative.